Jason Isaac is president of the Texas Natural Gas Foundation (TXNG) and director of Life:Powered, a pro-fossil fuel initiative of the Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF). Since 2020, he has served on the board of policy advisors for The Heritage Foundation.
Isaac served four terms in the Texas House of Representatives (2010–19), during which he received more than $43,000 from the oil and gas industry, according to the watchdog group Texas for Public Justice. In 2018, the Austin American-Statesman reported that as a state representative he had worked with TXNG to develop pro-fossil fuel science education guidelines.
During the latter half of this tenure in the Texas state legislature, Isaac was a member of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), participating in the Commerce, Insurance and Economic Development as well as the Tax and Fiscal Policy task forces.
Isaac is a regular contributor to the Daily Caller and the Epoch Times, and has contributed pro-fossil fuel content to the online “school” PragerU. His wife, Carrie Isaac, represents a region north of San Antonio in the Texas House. Isaac holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Stephen F. Austin State University.
- Testified as a republican witness in the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee’s “Hearing on Ensuring that ‘Woke’ Doesn’t Leave Americans Broke: Protecting Seniors and Savers from ESG Activism” (11/7/23)
- Testified at a joint House hearing titled “ESG Part II: The Cascading Impacts of ESG Compliance,” where he discussed “the global collusive effort that is behind the modern ESG movement” and claimed that ESG “does very little to help Americans and does everything to help the Chinese Communist Party” (6/6/23)
- Signed an Advancing American Freedom (AFF) coalition letter to U.S. House leaders demanding that “The Woke 401(k) Rule Must Be Repealed” (3/28/23)
- Spoke on the panel “ESG = Everyone’s Suffering Guaranteed” at the Texas Public Policy Foundation‘s Texas Policy Summit 2023, along with State Senator Bryan Hughes (R) and Texas Comptroller Glenn Hegar (3/1/23)
- Spoke on “fighting ESG efforts on [sic] the state level” as part of a “Defeating ESG” panel at the 2023 Climate Change Conference hosted by The Heartland Institute alongside Paul Watkins of Fusion Law and Marlo Lewis, a senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute (2/24/23)
- Signed an AFF coalition letter to Congress asking it to “overturn the Biden administration’s dangerous ESG rule through the Congressional Review Act” (2/7/23)
- Lobbied ALEC Energy, Environment, and Agriculture Task Force members to pass the Eliminate Political Boycotts Act model policy at its 2022 States and Nation Policy Summit (11/30/22)
- Delivered a Straight Talk at the 2022 State Financial Officers Foundation (SFOF) Fall National Meeting titled, “Raising America’s Energy IQ: Questioning Your High Carbon Lifestyle” (11/15/22)
- Spoke on a panel on “ESG & State Leadership” at the AFF’s “Unleashing American Energy” summit with SFOF CEO Derek Kreifels and Louisiana Treasurer John Schroder (10/25/22)
- Delivered a speech with slides promoting fossil fuels and efforts to address the climate crisis at the September 2022 meeting of the Council for National Policy (9/22)
- Spoke on a panel titled, “ESG Solutions: Anti-discriminatory Legislation & Other Examples,” at the 2022 SFOF National Meeting hosted by Louisiana Treasurer John Schroder with Darren LaSorte, Director of Government Relations, National Shooting Sports Foundation; Andy Olivastro, director of Coalitions, The Heritage Foundation; and Andy Puzder, author and retired CEO of Carl’s Jr./Hardees (2/17/22)
- Lobbied ALEC Energy, Environment, and Agriculture task force members to pass the Energy Discrimination Elimination Act model policy at its 2021 States and Nation Policy Summit (12/3/21)
- Testified against the National Climate Bank Act under consideration by the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works (4/27/21)