Mike Harmon has served as Kentucky’s auditor of public accounts since 2016. Instead of running for reelection in 2023, he ran for governor of Kentucky, and lost in the republican primary. In 2023, Harmon served as auditor-at-large of the State Financial Officers Foundation (SFOF).
Prior to being elected auditor, Harmon served as a Kentucky state representative from 2002–15. While in the state legislature, he was active in the American Legislative Exchange Council as a state chair.
Harmon holds degrees in math, statistics, and theater from Eastern Kentucky University and has lived in the state for most of his life.
- Signed an Advancing American Freedom coalition letter to U.S. House leaders demanding that “The Woke 401(k) Rule Must Be Repealed” (3/28/23)
- Signed a letter to Morningstar asking the company to stop its negative ratings of firms connected to Israel. (8/25/22)
- Signed a letter to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) opposing the proposed rule known as the Enhancement and Standardization of Climate-Related Disclosures for Investors (6/17/22)
- Signed an SFOF letter opposing the FDIC proposed principles on climate-related financial risk management for large financial institutions (6/3/22)
- Signed a letter to the Department of Labor opposing possible agency actions to protect life savings and pensions from threats of climate-related financial risk (5/16/22)
- Signed a comment letter to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board regarding ESG practices in the municipal securities market (3/8/22)
- Signed a letter opposing the proposed Department of Labor rule change entitled Prudence and Loyalty in Selecting Plan Investments and Exercising Shareholder Rights (12/13/21)
- Signed an SFOF letter urging President Biden to withdraw his nomination of Sarah Bloom Raskin as vice chair for supervision at the Federal Reserve for her “radical banking and economic views” that would “disrupt the private banking sector, reliable energy supplies, and the U.S. economy” (1/31/21)
Recent Campaign Filings
Kentucky’s campaign finance portal is interactive. To view individual contributors and expenditures — which aren’t itemized in the report overviews — please visit the Kentucky Registration of Election Finance website.
- 2023 60 Day PostElection Filing
- 2023 30 Day PostElection Filing
- 2023 15 Day PreElection Filing
- 2023 30 Day PreElection Filing
- 2023 January Campaign Report
- 2022 October Campaign Report
- 2019 30 Day PostElection Filing
- 2019 15 Day PreElection Filing
- 2019 30 Day PreElection Filing
- 2019 60 Day PreElection Filing
Statements of Financial Interests
Auditor of Public Accounts
209 St. Clair Street
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: (502) 564-5841